Thursday, January 22, 2015

Introduction to Wine: Initial Impressions

Wine is something that I would like to know more about. As a person with Celiac Disease I cannot drink beer or anything that contains barley, rye, or wheat. This means that wine is my casual drink of choice along with hard cider. When I turned 21 I went to the vintage cellar and bought a bottle of "Champagne" because it was the middle of the week and I had tests but also I feel wine, especially sparkling is a classy way to celebrate.

While I have tried many different ciders I have only tried a couple different wines, mostly those my parents have. But overall I think at this point I prefer whites to reds, sparkling to table wine, and Cabernet is one of my favorite reds.

Mostly the wine I buy tends to be cheap and if I buying a red wine I a usually using it to cook in. Some of my favorite dishes are stews with beef and chicken which accept red wine easily and taste amazing.


There are many things that I would love to learn about wine but primarily I need to try many different wines and learn about the different styles, regions, and grapes. Overall I want to get involved in wine culture so that I know what I am doing in a wine store and can pick out a great wine to drink and cook with.

No comments:

Post a Comment